With Christmas just around the corner, BHA members up and down the country are well and truly embracing the Christmas spirit. With Festive Festivities a-plenty and seasonal menus mouth-watering, we showcase seasonal snapshots supplied by members and wish all of you a very Merry and Prosperous Christmas and New Year...
Hilton Manchester Deansgate
The Hilton Deansgate’s Sky Bar, with its stunning views across Manchester has been getting into the seasonal sprit by hosting Christmas afternoon tea events every Sunday throughout December, with a local choir singing Christmas carols to add to the atmosphere.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, Hotel chef David Gale has been cooking up a storm for guests, creating memorable festive feasts throughout the Christmas and New Year period. Gale was recently named Chef of the Year and Manchester’s Food and Drink Awards
Hilton London on Park Lane
Hilton Park Lane’s has had a festive makeover, decorated in understated elegance with a colour theme of regal gold and cream, ensuring it’s at the heart of seasonal activities. Focused on enhancing guest and visitor experiences, the hotel is hosting numerous corporate parties across the festive season as well as more intimate family gatherings and Christmas celebrations for residents in the local area.
Executive Chef Anthony Marshall, renowned for his sensational seasonal creations which span traditional menus to artistic and innovative afternoon teas, will be on hand throughout the festive season, offering a deliciously indulgent Christmas taste-fest for those seeking a hassle-free Christmas catered by professionals. Guests dining in a section of the Galvin at Windows Restaurant on the 28th floor can also expect to enjoy panoramic views over Hyde Park, featuring the gloriously magical Winter Wonderland.
Marriott Group’s Grosvenor House
London’s largest five star hotel, Grosvenor House is an iconic, historic and instantly recognisable building and has been getting in the festive spirit with its very own Christmas website www.christmasatgrosvenorhouse.co.uk. Detailing all that the Grosvenor House has to offer during the festive season, the site outlines party venues, Christmas packages, festive feasts and a seasonal festive gallery.
Foodie highlights include a mouth-watering Festive Afternoon tea and a scrumptious Christmas lunch served in the JW Steakhouse. Yum!
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
‘Festive Factoids’ from the Sheraton PR team offer a snapshot of the Christmas period at Edinburgh’s stunning Spa hotel...
The Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa:
- Will service 460 Christmas meals on Christmas Day
- Will service 250 Festive Afternoon Tea’s throughout the festive season
- Will bake 720 Christmas Puddings
- Will pop 50 Champagne bottles in One Square on Hogmanay
Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Ayrshire, Scotland – Festive factoids
Meanwhile, over at the Turnberry in Ayrshire the PR team provide an insight into even more ‘Festive Factoids...
- How many gingerbread tiles on the giant Christmas gingerbread house: 1,500
- How many grams of sugar used in the house and how many grams of icing sugar used to decorate it: 25 kg sugar and 2 kg icing sugar
- How many hours to build the gingerbread house: 1 week to cook all of the gingerbread and 72 hours to build the house
- How many mince pies will be served around the resort throughout the Christmas period: 550
- How many Christmas trees will be put around the resort: 19 trees, including one in each of the self-catering apartments (8), one in each of the speciality suites (4) and the rest through the hotel, spa and golf clubhouse
- How many people and days it took to put up the decorations: It took a team of 5 people two days to make Turnberry festive!
Wyndham Grand London in Chelsea Harbour
Penthouse views of the River Thames and an impressive lobby and forecourts are the norm for the Wyndam Grand London Harbour but the festive season has added another layer of luxury to the Chelsea-Harbour-based hotel.
Stunning decorations and a vast Christmas tree in the lobby is complemented by grilled chestnuts for guests every evening in December between 5-7pm, while a Christmas cocktail and mulled wine grace the Harbour Bar and the Brasserie boasts a Christmas winter menu.