Lastingham Grange was transformed in the early nineteen twenties from a seventeenth century farm house into the fine country house that it is today. However, it was only in 1946 that the Grange first opened its doors as an hotel. Since the mid fifties it has been owned and cherished and personally run by the Wood family, whose home it still is.
The Grange is stone walled and built around a courtyard. It is set, with in ten acres of well kept gardens and fields, on the edge of the moors in the historic village of Lastingham; a peaceful backwater in the heart of the National Park, where the only sound is the sound of morning birdsong. Here the road peters out and becomes a bridle path across the moors to Rosedale and afar.
One Finds a Restful, Friendly atmosphere here at the Grange, which has a reputation second to none, for good food and personal, courteous service. The twelve bedrooms have been tastefully furnished and decorated; all have their own private bathroom.
There is a spacious, comfortable lounge with an open fire and there is a beautiful dining room; both look on to the terrace and rose garden beyond
The Grange is fully licensed for residents and non residents and has an extensive wine list and choice of drinks, though it has no bar.