The Travellers Club was founded in 1819 and moved to its present purpose-built clubhouse, designed by Charles Barry, in 1832. The intention of its founders was to provide a meeting place for gentlemen who had travelled abroad, their foreign visitors and diplomats posted in London who might enjoy the privilege of using the Club.
In the 21st century the Travellers Club continues to fulfil this role. The Club has many foreign Ambassadors and High Commissioners in London among its members. Throughout the Club’s existence distinguished members of the Diplomatic Service, the Home Civil Service, and the Armed Forces have come to the Travellers Club, while other professions have increasingly been added to the membership, as international travel has become part of the working life of a wider and wider range of occupations.
The Club maintains reciprocal arrangements with some 140 clubs across the world.
There are 18 bedrooms in the Club which are available to members,guests and reciprocal members.
These include two double (air conditioned) and one twin deluxe rooms, all with private bathrooms. There are six standard single rooms (of varying sizes) with shared facilities, three en suite singles and six double or twin rooms with en suite facilities, most of which have air conditioning.
The Travellers Club
106 Pall Mall
Tel: 0207 930 8688