Join The Chicken Challenge 2015
As a nation, we love chicken – it brings us together around the table for Sunday lunch and around the barbecue on sunny afternoons. There's just one problem: raw chicken can spread campylobacter, a germ which causes more than 280,000 cases of serious food poisoning each year.
The BHA is supporting The Chicken Challenge to share our industry's expertise and to support the Food Standards Agency (FSA) in their campaign for food safety, in this year’s Food Safety Week (18th to 24th May).
You can do your bit by joining The Chicken Challenge, here are some of the Week’s activities you can take part in, or encourage your customers to join in.
- Pledge your support here food.gov.uk/chickenchallenge
The Chicken Champion
Is one of your customers the UK’s biggest chicken fan?
- Encourage them to go to the campaign hub to tell us why! They can write, send a picture or even do a video… food.gov.uk/chickenchallenge #ChickenChampion
Big Sunday Roast
If you cook it, they will come. Nothing gets people together like a good roast chicken
- Encourage your customers to eat your roast on Sunday 24th to celebrate the nation’s love of chicken
- You could run a meal deal or maybe even a charity lunch - tell us via social media what you’re doing via the campaign hub during the Week #ChickenChallenge
- Share the FSA’s Chicken Challenge social media messaging – sign up to the FSA’s Facebook and Twitter feed now
- Join the Thunderclap https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/23913-join-the-chicken-challenge?locale=en
- Use the hash tag #ChickenChallenge to have your activities appear on the campaign hub