The Vacherin team has celebrated excellent service, innovation, success, and long service at its Annual Hot Shots Awards. Nearly 50 members of the Vacherin team were singled out for special praise for their high achievements and long service at the VIP Reception held at the ORTUS Centre in Denmark Hill.
Mark Philpott, Vacherin’s Managing Director, opened the awards by explaining that the event was all about acknowledging and celebrating the successes over the past year, and especially, all of the talented people that make up the Vacherin team.
Vacherin’s Employee of the Year was announced. The flagship award of the Hot Shots event went to Andrew Lane, recently promoted Catering Supervisor at Bain & Company. Mark Philpott said, “Andrew has done an incredible job at Bain and has recently been promoted from café assistant to Catering Supervisor. He knows and understands what our clients want there and he works seamlessly with the café, kitchen and our hospitality service. Andrew has played a big part in our Sparkle innovation process, in marketing workshops, merchandising and many more areas beside. He is a fantastic team player liked by colleagues and customers alike and he’s a credit to Bain and Vacherin.”
The event also involved the announcement of the winners of Hot Nosh, Vacherin’s culinary cook-off competition. Hot Nosh challenges teams of Vacherin chefs to compete against each other across three stages that test creativity, innovation, knowledge and technical skill and this year the judges were also joined by celebrity chef, Maria Elia. After a highly-competitive battle, the coveted Prix D’Or trophy was presented to the Urbaneers team, comprising chefs, managers and front of house staff from Vacherin’s teams at Imagination, The Building Centre, Mercers and Cushman & Wakefield.
The Evonne Baptiste Award, named in honour of long term employee Evonne Baptiste who sadly passed away in 2013 and who epitomised service excellence, was awarded to John Pinto from Maudsley Learning. John, known for constantly having a smile on his face and time for everyone, was recognised for his excellent customer service and anticipating the needs of his customers.
Awards celebrating great achievement and contribution also included Five and Ten Year Long Service Awards, the Sparkle Innovation prizes, and the Triple D Awards (nicknamed after the three Vacherin Directors) for the team members personifying the Vacherin brand personality of Tastier, Brighter and Stronger.
The 2015 Hot Shots Roll of Honour:
· Employee of the Year – Andrew Lane, Catering Supervisor, Bain & Company
· Urbaneers Hot Nosh team – team members from Imagination, The Building Centre, Mercers and Cushman & Wakefield
· Triple D’s Tastier Award for Nick Smith, Head Chef, for consistently fabulous food and amazing cakes
· Triple D’s Brighter Award for Loulou Benites, Catering Manager from Maudsley Learning, for fantastic service with a smile and for generating great sales growth
· Triple D’s Stronger Award for Lenka Sarkozovia, Accounts Assistant, for being understated, knowledgeable and versatile, and for going way beyond the extra mile.
· Sparkle Innovation Award – the team at Bain & Co
· Best Individual Sparkle idea was won by Monica Pereiro from Field Fisher, for her cold brew coffee and iced tea service for hospitality over the summer months
· Evonne Baptiste Award – awarded to John Pinto, from Maudsley Learning for excellent customer service and anticipating the needs of his customers.
· 5-Year and 10-Year Long Service Awards – nearly 20 employees awarded, representing 1 in 12 employees of Vacherin
· Barista of the Year – Oliver Isiuwa from Battersea Power Station