- ABC – Awarding Body Consortium. Awarding Body
- ABTA – Association of British Travel Agents. Trade Association
- ABPCO -Association of British Professional Conference Organisers. Professional Body.
- ABTA GOLD – This is an award that is given to employers that demonstrates high levels of quality training for their employees. It is administered by People 1st
- ACA – Academy of Culinary Arts. Trade Association
- ACE - Association for Conference and Events. Trade Association
- ACCAC – Awdurdod Cymwysterau Cwricwlwm, ac Aseseu Cymru/Qualification, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales.
- AEO – Association of Exhibition Organisers. Trade Association.
- ALI - Adult Learning and Inspectorate. The ALI is responsible for raising the standards of education and training for young people and adults in England by inspecting and reporting on the quality of learning provision they receive.
- AQA – Assessment and Qualification Alliance
- BACD – British Association of Conference Destinations. Trade Association
- BALPPA – British Association of Leisure Parks Piers and Attractions. Trade Association
- BBPA – British Beer and Pubs Association. Trade Association
- BECA – British Exhibition Organisers. Trade Association
- BHA – British Hospitality Association. Trade Association
- BHHPA – British Holiday and Home Parks Association.Trade Association
- BII - British Institute of Innkeeping. Professional body for licensed trade www.bii.org/hom
- BIS - Dept for Business Innovation and Skills
- CGLI – City and Guilds of London Institute. Awarding Body. Web site: http://www.skillsdevelopment.org/. Objective: To improve practice through the design and evaluation of high quality vocational education and training and through delivery of related programmes and projects
- DCMS - Department for Culture, Media and Sport. They have a policy responsibility for museums, galleries and libraries, the built heritage, the arts, sport, education, broadcasting and the media and tourism.
- UKTI – Department of Trade and Industry. UKTI is tasked with increasing competitiveness and scientific excellence to generate sustainable growth and productivity in the UK economy. DTI has developed a range of intelligence to inform its policies and initiatives.
- EDEXCEL – The Edexcel Foundation. Provides a range of qualifications. Awarding Body
- EDI – Education Development International PLC
- ELLD – The Enterprise and Lifelong Learning Development of the Scottish Executive is responsible for economic and industrial development, tourism, further and higher education, student support and skills and lifelong learning in Scotland. ELLD supports a programme of research to assist policy development.
- ESITO – Events Sector Industry Training Organisation. Awarding Body.
- FECDF – Further Education Competitiveness and Development Fund.
- Flow Hospitality Training – Web site: http://www.flowhospitalitytraining.co.uk. Objectives: To provide an innovative new approach to hospitality training.
- Food Standards Agency – Government Agency. Independent food safety watchdog, to protect the public’s health.
- FSB – The federation of small businesses is a pressure group working on behalf of members drawn from the small business community.
- HAB – Hospitality Awarding Body.
- HRihN – Web site: http://www.hrinhospitality.co.uk. Objectives: To facilitate members’ professional development through the provision of a programme of speakers & discussions on relevant topics.
- ICG – Institute of Careers Guidance.
- IOH – Institute of Hospitality. Web site: http://www.instituteofhospitality.org. Objective: To promote the highest professional standards of management and education in the international hospitality, leisure and tourism industries
- ITMA – Institute of Travel and Tourism. Professional Body
- Job Centre Plus – Is part of DWP. It has launched a new modern service aimed at placing greater importance on employer’s recruitment needs in order to fill their vacancies. A new professional sales force has been put together to work closely with employers to identify skill shortages and better understanding their recruitment needs.
- LACA – Local Authority Caterers Association
- Learn Direct – A free advice telephone line that offers information on adult education and courses wherever you live and wherever you want to study.
- Learn Purple – Web site: http://www.learnpurple.com. Objective: Transforming individuals into all they can be.
- London & Partners – www.londonandpartners.com. Visit, Educate, Think. Official promotional agency for London
- LSC – Learning and Skills Council. The LSCs are responsible for funding all post-16 education and training in England.
- MASTER INNHOLDERS
- MIA – Meetings Industry Association. Trade Association
- MODERN APPRENTICESHIPS – A framework for learning and ‘on the job’ training, available at foundation (level 2) and advanced (level 3)
- MUTA – Made-up Textiles Association
- NAGCELL – National Advisory Group on Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning.
- The National Skills Academy Hospitality – Web site: http://www.excellencefound.co.uk. Objectives: To raise the quality of provision and showcase excellence in training, learning and development.
- NEA – National Exhibitors Association. Trade Association
- NESS – National Employer Skills Survey
- NOEA – National Outdoor Events Association. Trade Association
- NOS – National Occupational Standards
- NVQ – National Vocational Qualifications (work-based qualification)
- PEOPLE 1ST - Web site: http://www.people1st.co.uk. Objective: To improve communication with employers, signposting funded skills training with the best providers, and raising ambition and investment in skills.
- PLH – Web site: http://www.plhonline.co.uk. Objectives: To developed a cost-effective, practical and manageable licensing training programme.
- QCA – Qualifications and Curriculum Authority. QCA are the guardian of standards in education and training in schools, colleges and work. This webpage details QCA’s research and statistical analysis, which supports its development of policies to raise achievement and improve learning.
- RAGB - Restaurant Association. Trade Association
- SBS – Small Business Service. The Small Business Service is a government agency championing small businesses across all government departments.
- Tourism Forum – It represents all elements of the industry and lobbies on issues that directly affect the smooth running, profitability or productivity of the sector.
- SFEDI - Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative. SFEDI works through the network of suppliers to ensure that development products, training programmes, and qualifications benefit small businesses.
- Skills for Business Network – The skills for business network is made up of UK wide Sector Skills Councils that have been charged to lead the skills and productivity drive in industry or business sectors recognised by employers.
- Springboard UK – Web site: http://springboarduk.net. Objective: To improve perceptions, promote the industry as a great place to work and help the industry attract talent and fill skills shortages.
- TOURISM INNOVATION GROUP – Industry representatives considering the future of the industry. Thinkers to meet to consider ways in which the tourism industry can innovate, develop new products and services and boost Scottish tourism.
- TOURISM SOCIETY – Professional Body
- TFA – Web site: http://tourismforall.org.uk. Objective: to stimulate and help the tourism industry to create a world-class experience for everyone.
- TTA – Travel Trust Association. Trade Association
- UFI -University for Industry
- WSET - Wine and Spirit Education Trust. Awarding Body.