What is Hospitality Works?
With unemployment at historically low levels of 4.3%, the industry must make recruitment and development of British workers a priority. Since 2015 the BHA, in partnership with the Minister for Employment, Department for Work and Pensions, Job Centre Plus and Springboard, have led the Hospitality Works employment initiative and have created more than 8,500 new career starts for jobseekers.
The Hospitality Works campaign will be launching on the 7th February 2018 for an annual month-long campaign, which encompasses a series of hospitality events throughout the UK. It brings together leading employers to increase awareness of the sector as a great place to work, increase the number of people moving into hospitality jobs and raise aspirations within the sector.
This year, the BHA will be building on the success of Hospitality Works and collaborating with The Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) and British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) as part of the campaign. The BHA firmly believes the industry should have one, unified voice and, by collaborating together, we will achieve greater, further reaching results.
The BHA urges the industry to support this campaign by:
- Attending a local Jobcentre Plus hospitality awareness session for jobseekers
- Holding a recruitment event at your local Jobcentre Plus
- Delivering a telephone masterclass to Jobcentre Work Coaches and Employer Engagement staff to offer an insight of the industry
- Hosting a taster visit for jobseekers and Work Coaches at your business
- Attending a careers fair which will be happening locally in the Hospitality Works month
- Pledging to offer work experience, apprenticeships or employment throughout the campaign
- Joining the conversation on social media by sharing, re-tweeting or developing your own content and using the hashtag #JobsWithASmile
As business leaders, we all have an important role to play in helping to tackle skills shortage in the industry, and I know you are keen to tap into the talent available from the thousands of motivated people who are trying to secure a job. The hospitality and tourism industry is crucial to the UK economy, generating 4.6 million jobs and is the UK’s fourth largest employer.
The Hospitality Works campaign has achieved tremendous results over the past four years, but with your help we can achieve more: support local regeneration, improve social mobility and attract workers from diverse groups. Your continued support will help us to provide more prospects for the sector and to drive forward lasting and meaningful opportunities within the industry.
Materials to use during Hospitality Works 2018
To take part in or to find out more about the Hospitality Works month which launches on 7 February 2018, please e-mail or contact the detail below:
T: 020 7404 7744