Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) are the Competition Rules for the 7 Samurai Chef Tour Competition (“Competition”), by entering the Competition entrants (“Entrants”) agree to be bound by the T&Cs.
BHA reserves the right to cancel or alter the Competition and/or the T&Cs in its sole discretion if there is an event outside BHA’s reasonable control, to ensure the Competition is run fairly and to comply with all applicable laws.
- be 21 or over [NB 20 is the age at which you can drink and smoke in Japan]and hold a passport valid until at least 30 July 2016 (that is, 6 months after the date of travel)
- have at least 2 years kitchen experience operating at Chef de Partie/Sous Chef level in hotel or restaurant setting
- supply an endorsement from their place of work confirming that the Entrant can participate in the Competition and, if a winner, participate in the Tour.
The prize consists of a 7-night culinary tour of Japan, including flights and accommodation. Room upgrades are not available. The tour dates are 17 January to 24 January 2016 inclusive. (the “Tour”). And one of the seven winners will have an opportunity to to create a light meal for ANA's Winter 2016 Business Class in-flight menu on its London Heathrow - Tokyo Haneda route. These dates are fixed, the tour must be taken at the time stated and is non-transferable.
- All names and email addresses submitted will be entered into the Competition. There is only one entry per person and BHA does not accept automated entries.
- The closing date for entries is 25 November 2015 and the final judging will take place on 30 November, with the winners notified by email or telephone immediately.
- In all matters, the decision of the Judges will be final no discussions will be entered into.
- The Tour must be taken at the time stated and is non-transferrable.
- If due to circumstances beyond BHA’s control a winner is unable to take part in the Tour, the winner cannot go on the Tour at another time and another candidate will be given the place on the Tour.
- If, due to circumstances beyond BHA’s control, it is unable to provide the prize described above it reserves the right to award a substitute a prize of equal value.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
Intellectual Property, Publicity and Data Protection
- As a condition of joining the Tour each winner will be required to sign a document confirming his/her agreement to: take part, if requested by BHA or ANA, in pre and post Tour promotional activity; permit BHA or ANA to create material including the winner by photographing and recording him/her on and off camera, during such promotional activities and whilst participating in the Tour (the “Material”); use the names and contact details of the winner and edit and use the Material for publicity and promotional purposes in all media and to assign to BHA or ANA all rights (including the copyright) in the Material and allow BHA or ANA to use, edit and publish in all media without restriction. BHA or ANA does not guarantee to use the Material.ANA will possess copyright of the in-flight menu, which will be designed by the winner.
- Personal data relating to Entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and best practice.
Only the BHA and other sponsors will use personally identifiable information for the purpose of giving Entrants ongoing information about their services.
None of the businesses providing the prize will be contractually [NB BHA contracts with sponsors] allowed to rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or other individuals.
BHA does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant or winner. Nothing shall exclude BHA’s liability for any death or personal injury as a result of BHA’s negligence.
The Competition and the T&Cs are governed by English law and any disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.