This is My Hospitality Story, what’s yours?
Do you love what you do? Do you want to show others why your hospitality business is a great place to work?
Young people in hospitality have a voice! If you are aged between 16-24 and work in the hospitality industry, send us a video blog about what you do and why you love it.
Promote the place where you work and become a spokesperson for the Big Hospitality Conversation in the UK – the British Hospitality Association’s drive to create new jobs for young people.
How to enter:
- Make a video blog about why you love what do in hospitality
- The video should not be more than 2 minutes long
- You may need to get permission from your line manager if you film it at your place of work
- Publish your video to YouTube and post the link to the Big Hospitality Conversation Facebook page
- If you prefer to send the link by e-mail you can send it to email@example.com with the subject “I just submitted my video blog”
- Closing date for posting videos is Friday 1st May 2015
- The final winner will be chosen based on the quality, relevance, creativity and popularity of the video.
Great story of Caroline O’Brien who started as a Team Member at Novotel Liverpool and is now a Reception Manager
Caroline graduated from University of Liverpool in 2011 following a degree in Childcare (Early Years Education with Inclusive Behaviour). Following an initial job abroad, Caroline returned to the UK and was unemployed for a period of 6 months. Very keen to find employment Caroline attended the BIG Hospitality Conversation May 2013 where she met Matt Brett, General Manager Novotel Liverpool Centre with his colleague Matt Blyth. Following an interview at the Hotel with one of Matt’s team, Caroline was employed as a Reception Team Member and in just 3 months was promoted to Reception Team Leader. In October 2014 Caroline was further promoted to Reception Manager where she now manages a team of 9 people and is also instrumental in the success of the Welcome project and Le Club. This has been highly successful and in the words of the General Manager, Matt Brett: “We attended the Big Conversation to support the promotion of the Hospitality industry to young jobseekers. At the event (with my colleague - Matt Blyth), I met Caroline who was a guest of the table I hosted. I had the opportunity to talk with Caroline and other young jobseekers to share my experiences of the Hospitality industry as a career, answer questions they had regarding the industry and also challenge them on how they made applications for employment to make them stand out from the crowd. I made a pledge that I would take on one young jobseeker from the event and I was delighted to give Caroline the opportunity to join us in June 2013. I believe she demonstrates an excellent example of the career opportunities both the Industry and Accor can offer.”