Dating back to 1903 and being the house it is, it’s easy to see that Kelham House has a history worth talking about. Within this section you can find out about the house and its history, leading right up to now. We care greatly for this house and hope that our work now is held in high regard and admired in years to come!
Kelham House was built in 1903 by the Manners-Sutton family, who for some time also occupied the much larger, Victorian gothic style Kelham Hall also in the village.
After a fire practically destroyed it the Manners-Sutton did what work they could but eventually sold Kelham Hall. They then built Kelham House on 9 acres of a mix of informal garden, wooded area and paddock land as their family home, which then stayed as a private residence for some time.
It was bought by the Society of the Sacred Mission who at the time also owned various pieces of land and farms until it was sold on to the family that would turn it into a hotel, it was then named The Redhouse Country Manor Hotel.
The hotel has always been a destination venue that has attracted visitors from all over the UK and internationally. After it's acquisition in 2010 the business was reviewed and a plan put in place to achieve two key objectives, to meet the needs and expectations of today’s discerning customer and also to revive the Edwardian elegance and grandeur that the house deserves.
2012 sees that dream come to life, the house has gone back to its roots by becoming Kelham House once again. We have redeveloped the old Coach House into 5 luxury bedrooms, commissioned a landscaping and lighting plan and a full refurbishment of the main hotel including upgrades to heating, lighting and all public rooms has now been completed. The Garden Room, a 150 seater function/conference room has also been added to ensure we can cater for events both large and small.
Kelham House Country Manor Hotel has again become the destination venue it deserves to be, fast becoming one of the best rated hotels in nottinghamshire.
Tel: 01636 705 266