Cumbria’s visitor economy makes a significant contribution to the Cumbrian economy and as a Cumbria-wide firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we specialise in and act for a wide range of businesses in the tourism and hospitality sector.
We are also auditors and financial advisers to Cumbria Tourism whose role is to support the development of the tourism industry throughout Cumbria.
We regularly run seminars on topics of interest and developments that may affect the industry, including tax saving and tax planning, business start-ups, grooming your business for sale, benchmarking the performance of your business with others in your sector and undertaking profit improvement sessions to help improve business performance and underlying profitability. In a recent project we coached 55 tourism related businesses over a nine-month period and improved their combined net profits by over £1.1 million.
We are the founding sponsor of the Cumbria Tourism Awards which celebrates the success of the excellent tourism businesses throughout Cumbria. Award winners must demonstrate high levels of excellence and innovation, including their food, welcome, service and marketing methods.
Lamont Pridmore does all the things that other firms of accountants do but it is at this point that our higher levels of service really come to the fore by focusing on three things:
- Keeping tax liabilities to a minimum
- Helping clients to make more money, including maximising the value of the business, grooming it for sale, assisting with funding expansion plans or helping to develop a succession strategy
- Investing wealth wisely and protecting the family and the business
We also quantify the value we add to our clients’ businesses which last year amounted to over three times the fees we charge.
Lamont Pridmore has specialist sector knowledge and provides a comprehensive range of services to the Tourism and Hospitality sector, in particular:-
- Business start-ups including our new business start-up kit
- Business viability and business plan reviews
- Preparing business plans for start-ups, raising finance for expansion or further business development
- Advising on business structures and acquisition strategies
- Maximising capital allowance tax claims on refurbishment and improvement programmes
- Maximising capital allowance tax claims on “green” expenditures
- Advising on tax mitigation strategies for employee earnings, benefits, tips and profit extraction plans
- Profit improvement studies, including competitor analysis, price differentiation, creating your price model, developing key performance indicators and benchmarking reports comparing your business performance with the best in your sector
- Developing succession strategies, grooming businesses for sale, maximising business sale values and advising on the most tax efficient allocation of business sale proceeds
- Helping you to invest your wealth wisely including pension and retirement planning
Lamont Pridmore has offices throughout Cumbria and please contact us to find out more about how we can help your tourism or hospitality business.
Offices throughout Cumbria
31 Lonsdale Street
Tel: 01228 520118
Tel: 01539 732377
3 Oxford Street
Tel: 01900 65955
Phoenix Business Centre
Tel: 01229 840261
Fax: 01229 840241
8 Stanger Street
Tel: 017687 72182
Tel: 01768 800380
Fax: 01768 800381
5 Buttermere Pavilion,
Ingwell Hall, Westlakes
Science & Technology
Tel: 01946 550300