The APPG Report on Supporting Skills and Apprenticeships in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry launches
Yesterday (Wednesday 23rd November 2016) saw the successful launch of the All-Party Parliamentary Group report on skills and apprenticeships for the hospitality industry.
It was a day of coming together in support of the industry, highlighting its importance for economic development, international competitiveness and training and development opportunities.
Parliamentarians from all parties gathered for the launch of the report, which investigates skills and apprenticeships in the Hospitality and Tourism industry, demonstrating the wide ranging interest and impact of the report.
With youth unemployment still one of the biggest challenges facing young people across the UK today, the hospitality and tourism industry has gone above and beyond with a proven formula to take it on.
We're helping to deliver new jobs, up-skill young people and drive economic growth and competitive advantage.
This in turn boosts the industry's reputation as an appealing career path with training and development opportunities.
Key findings from the APPG Report:
- Detail on industry-led activities to promote skills development and investment
- Key challenges and opportunities facing the industry in the context of Government plans (including the Apprenticeship Levy)
- The promotion of the industry as an attractive, skilled career path
- The issues unique to the industry eg seasonality and language ability
- How the Government can work with the industry to support investment in skills