New Allergen Regulations introduced by the EU say that from December 13th 2014 all UK food service providers will be obliged to accurately track, record and communicate to the public 14 of the most common foods to cause allergic reactions. The biggest impact of the Regulations will be for food service providers, including motorway service stations, festival caterers, hotels and restaurants. It is estimated that UK food service providers serve around 8 billion meals every year.
To support you, we’ve created a Guidance Toolkit designed for our members to assist you in understanding and implementing the new Allergen Regulations. It will be available for free to all BHA members from Tuesday 26th August 2014.
What’s more, we’ll be hosting a series of Regional Roadshows from September to December 2014 to help you get fully up to speed on the legislation and understand what’s required of your staff.
Book onto our Allergen Regulation Workshops and Training and we’ll help you develop your staff training and ensure that your businesses can operate without the increasing regulatory and financial burdens that hinder growth and profitability.
Allergen Regulation Regional Roadshow Dates, Venues and Times
- Monday 8 September: SCOTLAND: 2.30 p.m. at Scottish Enterprise, Apex House,99 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HD
- Wednesday 17 September: WALES: 3.30 p.m. at St Brides Spa Hotel, St Brides Hill, Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire, SA69 9NH
- Thursday 25 September: LONDON: 3.00 p.m. at Melia White House, Albany Street, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 3UP
- Tuesday 14 October: NORTHERN: 10.00 a.m. at Midland Hotel, Marine Road West, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 4BU
- Thursday 23 October: SOUTH WESTERN: 3.30 p.m. at Calcot Manor, Nr. Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8 8YJ
- Tuesday 28 October: HEART OF ENGLAND: 10.30 a.m. at Best Western Premier Moor Hall Hotel and Spa, 17 Moor Hall Dr, Sutton Coldfield, B75
- Monday 10 November: SOUTH EASTERN: 10.30 a.m. at Brooklands Hotel, Brooklands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0SL
- Monday 17 November: WALES: 1.00 p.m. at Venue Cymru, The Promenade, Llandudno, Conwy, LL30 1BB
- Wednesday 19 November: EASTERN: 2.00 p.m. at DoubleTree by Hilton, Granta Place, Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RT
There is limited availability for the events, places will be allocated on a first come first served basis and will go quickly. Please book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include the date of the event you would like to attend.