Start: 09:30 (registration from 09:00)
Cost: £249 + VAT
Location: Boyes Turner, Abbots House, Abbey Street, Reading
Postcode: RG1 3BD
Booking discounts available
“Sexual harassment is rife across all of our industries. We accept it far too easily, in terms of the culture we live in. Accountability lies with leadership.” Chief Executive, EHRC
We have seen in the media the negative impact that claims for harassment can have on victims as well as the organisation as a whole. Historic claims for sexual harassment and the global #MeToo has illustrated that harassment is a real issue affecting women and men regardless of their employer or sector. Such claims raise concerns for organisations and HR as they navigate the minefield of our equality laws. As the quote says, this is a leadership issue.
Join Boyes Turner’s Employment Training Team for a specific training course which focuses on the issues of equality and harassment. In particular, we will look at:
- What is harassment and how to recognise the signs?
- What is the legal framework?
- What are the consequences of a claim to the organisation and others?
- What are the employer’s responsibilities?
- Practical tips for managing and investigating complaints of harassment – including historic complaints
- Practical actions and strategies to prevent a culture of harassment
This is your opportunity to discuss the issues with our experienced lawyers and trainers in a small workshop style session.
This course is aimed at HR Directors, Business Partners and HR Managers.
To discuss equality, diversity and harassment training for your managers, please email Emma O’Connor or call her on 0118 952 7284.
If you have any questions about this event, please click here.