Tourism is an economic contest between nations. Whilst global Tourism numbers are forecast to increase, the countries which benefit most from this growth will be those who have a clear strategy for growth and leadership from the top of Government.
Tourism has continued to be omitted from the UK Government’s economic growth policy...
Our ten steps for action are:
1. The single most important reform is to cut the rate of VAT on Tourism
3. Actively drive the recommendations of the Airports Commission when it reports next year
4. Develop and deliver a single Visa Application Centre concept for Chinese visitors to more radically improve the application process
5. Support a city bid for Expo 2025
6. VisitBritain to take responsibility for all UK international and Business Tourism
7. VisitEngland to have responsibility for promoting domestic Tourism and improving the capabilities of Destination Management Organisations
8. Urgently review sub – national tourism structures and funding
9. Create Tourism Enterprise Zones for rural and coastal resorts to imaginatively turnaround economic decline
10. Fund tourism and hospitality apprenticeship and job creation initiatives
Submission to Government inquiry into tourism
Submission to the Low Pay Commission on the National Minimum Wage - from the British Hospitality Association, British Beer and Pub Association, Business in Leisure and Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers
The Triennial Review of VisitBritain and VisitEngland